The ABCs of SmartDollar
For a quick start, just follow the ABCs to start winning with your money.
When you complete Baby Step 1, repeat the ABCs for Baby Step 2.
A. Learn with SmartDollar - Video Course
From the SmartDollar Dashboard, click Learn > Courses > Learn with SmartDollar or the link below:
This video course explains the SmartDollar program and how to start winning with your money. The 7 Baby Steps will help you take control of your money once and for all. Each step focuses on a specific goal as a part of your financial wellness journey. After watching The Baby Steps video, you're ready to start working through the 7 Baby Steps.
B. Baby Steps
From the SmartDollar Dashboard, click Baby Steps > All Steps or the link below:
- Go Baby Go!
- Start with Baby Step 1 - $1000 Starter Emergency Fund
- Do not jump around or skip a Baby Step unless it does not apply to you
- Complete Baby Step 1 and move to Baby Step 2
- Complete Baby Step 2 and move to Baby Step 3
- Baby Steps 1 - 2 - 3 need to be completed in order
- Baby Steps 4 - 5 - 6 can be worked together but NOT before Baby Step 3
- Remember, it's a journey, not a checklist
C. EveryDollar + Money Tools
From the SmartDollar Dashboard, click Money Tools or the link below:
EveryDollar is the key to your success!
You know the old saying, "Failure to plan is planning to fail." A budget is simply a plan for your money. Use EveryDollar and the other Money Tools to attack your current Baby Step. I know it's tempting to jump ahead but stay FOCUSED on your current Baby Step. Focus and intensity are the keys to your success.
- EveryDollar - All Steps: Tell your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.
- $1000 Starter Emergency Fund - Baby Step 1: Save $1000 fast to fight Murphy's Law.
- Debt Snowball - Baby Step 2: Attack your consumer debt with a vengeance!
- Retirement Planner - Baby Step 4: Your target is no more than 15% until Baby Step 7.
- Mortgage Payoff Calculator - Baby Step 6: Save some serious money on interest.
Check out these other helpful articles: