Setting Your Goals
This is your year! When it comes to setting smart goals, most of us have the best intentions. You’re finally going to take control of your money. Get fit. Start a new hobby.
- Financial Goals: Start saving for retirement, get out of debt, or use a zero-based budget.
- Spiritual Goals: Start a daily journal or plug into a group of people with values you share.
- Fitness Goals: Hit the gym more often, take the stairs, and remember to eat your veggies.
- Educational Goals: Finish your degree, get your MBA, or read a good book every month.
- Family Goals: Plan one-on-one dates with your kids, have a standing date night with your spouse, or make it a point to call your mom and dad on Sunday nights.
- Career Goals: Work toward a promotion or raise or learn something new about your line of work.
- Social Goals: Say YES when someone invites you out to lunch or a social gathering—or, for some of us, say no more often.
What are your savings goals?
How much of my paycheck should I save? Sound familiar? You’re not alone if you’ve ever sat around and wondered that. A lot of people aren’t sure how much of their paycheck they should save each month. But it’s not a cut-and-dried answer. It all depends on your money goals and what matters to you.
Why Should I Follow the Baby Steps? To focus on one goal at a time.
As you’re looking to all the money goals in your future, it’s overwhelming—so much to do, so little time. But there is time, and there is a proven path to break up those goals into manageable and achievable pieces that will set you up for success. Because remember: How do you climb a mountain? One (baby) step at a time.
How Do Student Loans Work?
“Student loans—my favorite!” (Said no one ever.) Here’s the thing about student loans: Not enough students understand how they really work or the effect they can have on future goals and plans.
25 Side Hustle Ideas to Earn Extra Cash
If you’re wanting to make more money—to reach a goal or make extra room in the budget—side hustles are your new BFF.
What is a Tax Liability?
Like it or not, taxes are a part of life. And unfortunately, the government doesn’t do too much to help you figure out what you owe. Getting your withholding to line up with your income tax liability is the end goal. You want to break even when tax season arrives!
6 Myths About Retirement
Can you spot a retirement myth when you see one? With so much information being thrown around out there, it can be hard to separate fact from fiction. But if you’re going to build wealth and secure your retirement dreams, you need to make sure you’re not getting sidetracked by bad information or negative mindsets. Set goals, and work to reach them every single day. A professional advisor can help you focus on the long term so you can ride out the waves and reach your retirement goals.
How Women Can Plan for Their Retirement Future
We want to give a shout-out to all the women out there for a second—because there’s no doubt that women have been making serious strides in the marketplace lately. And for you single or newly single ladies out there, it’s just as important to work with an investment pro and have a trusted friend or family member in your corner. That way, you can stay engaged and focused on your retirement goals.
Explore all article topics HERE.
Read, Watch, and Listen to more content in the sidebar of your SmartDollar account: